Detroit Bankruptcy and Wage Garnishment Lawyer
If you are in need of debt relief and want to explore your options, get in touch with me, bankruptcy attorney Walter Metzen. I have helped more than 10,000 people gain a fresh financial start over the past 20 years. I will apply my years of experience and legal skills to help you climb out of debt.
Credit card debts, medical bills, student loans and other debts can quickly spiral out of control. If you are buried with debts, the last thing you need is to be left with any surprises. Contact my law firm today to schedule a free initial consultation in Detroit or Royal Oak, Michigan. I am committed to helping you navigate through the legal process to help you determine if filing Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy is the right direction to take.
Guiding Clients Through the Bankruptcy Process in Detroit
If you are drowning in debt, a quick-fix solution might be tempting. Tough economic times have created a surge of low-budget debt relief services promising big results. Unfortunately, many of these companies are run by amateurs with little or no background in bankruptcy. Debt relief can be a complicated process — overlooking a critical detail could ultimately send you deeper in debt.
Do not dismiss the importance of selecting an experienced bankruptcy attorney. A seasoned bankruptcy lawyer will know the right steps to take and the pitfalls to avoid in helping you become debt- free.
At the Law Office of Walter Metzen, I have the skills and legal resources to protect your financial interests. I have decades of experience focusing exclusively on consumer bankruptcy. I offer highly skilled services at a reasonable rate to guide you through the legal process of becoming debt- free. When you select my law firm, I will review your financial situation to address your concerns, regarding:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy — This form of bankruptcy is considered one of the most straightforward ways to become debt- free. Contrary to popular belief, Chapter 7 bankruptcy is still available with the new bankruptcy laws. You must pass the means test to qualify and then your unsecured debts, such as credit card debts, will be wiped away.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy — Known as debt reorganization, Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows debts to be reorganized into a realistic payment plan over three to five years. I am available to review your financial records to determine if this is the right option for you. I can also help you understand the benefits and misconceptions of filing for consumer bankruptcy.
- Divorce and bankruptcy — A divorce can have significant financial and emotional implications. I understand the hardship many clients deal with when forced to make ends meet with one income. I am available to help you gain a fresh start through becoming debt- free.
- Stopping creditor harassment — Once you file for consumer bankruptcy, all of your creditors will receive notice of the filing. An automatic stay will be put into effect to stop creditors from contacting you and collecting on their debts.
- Home foreclosures — If you have fallen behind on your mortgage, obtain experienced legal help to save your home. I have a strong background working with homeowners in similar situations to yours. I can review your financial situation to determine if filing for bankruptcy would be an effective way to temporarily stop a foreclosure until you climb out of debt.
Contact a Skilled Michigan Consumer Bankruptcy Attorney
Contact a Michigan consumer bankruptcy lawyer whothat keeps your best interests in mind throughout the entirety of the case. I am dedicated to standing by my clients every step of the way, from the beginning of the debt relief process through stopping wage garnishments and organizing the repayment or dismissal of your debts.